It has been a tough year for all of us. With Christmas and New Year around the corner, this should not hold us back from enjoying a holiday party in the comfort of our homes. With the year coming to an end, give your team a much-deserved holiday party they can remember for times to come. In this post, we bring to you 5 virtual event ideas that will help you host a virtual holiday party for your office team. So, let’s get right to it, shall we?
01. Select the right virtual event platform
Like any event, the first thing that needs to be decided upon is the venue. You need to evaluate your requirements carefully so that you can narrow in on the best choice that satisfies your criteria. Engagement should be your prime focus which makes having the option of private chats, group discussion, games on your virtual event platform extremely important. Also, you must look at what is the size of the attendees you are inviting so pick up a virtual event platform that supports that audience. To know more about the features, we provide at MultiTV, click here.
02. Setting up the agenda of the meeting
You need to fix the sequence of the events as well as what the events would be. The party could start with an introduction by the host, followed by a quick walkthrough of the platform and an address by a senior leader. Post the address, there can be an icebreaker session followed by some interesting games and informal group discussions. The party can be then ended with a toast to the holiday season in the end.
03. Deciding upon the theme of the party
A party theme would help the virtual event platform to customize the user interface for you. You can also decide upon the dress code for the event based on an online poll you can float before the event. You can also have a costume contest that will make the overall experience more fun, giving your employees an extra incentive to dress up their bit. Having a theme will also help set the holiday mood for the event.
04. Food and Drinks
You can allocate a pre-determined budget for the employees so that they can order food as per their preferences from food delivery services like Uber Eats, DoorDash, and GrubHub. A bottle of wine can be sent to them as a gift which will take care of the drink’s aspect.
05. Team Activities
Everybody looks forward to the fun events when it comes to parties. In the virtual setup, we look at some activities that can be conducted to engage all employees:
- An awards ceremony where employees are presented with rewards and recognition for their success in the year would be a great morale booster.
- A virtual open mic can be conducted where the participants can come over to the spotlight and perform music, poetry, or standup comedy.
- A virtual Secret Santa can be organized using services like Elfster where the employees share the gifts they received during the event.
- An online poll can be floated before the start of the event to collect movie preferences and the selected can be streamed live which the whole team can watch together.
You can choose from the ideas mentioned above for your team and make the virtual holiday party a memorable experience for all involved, starting the New Year with a fresh and vibrant spirit!